Tuesday 18 March 2014

Planning and Outline for 1000 Word Essay/Research for Study Skills

The Brief:

To produce a 1000 word assignment on an appropriate topic relating to my studies.
  • This needs a time management plan
  • An outline plan for my investigation
  • Research and identify my sources for information
  • Extract the relevant information from the source material
  • Produce a visual interpretation (poster)
  • 1000 word assignment
  • Include bibliography
Abstract photography is my chosen subject for the 1000 word essay for study skills which will include at least three different sources for reference material. I am going to be looking at the different ways that an abstract image is achieved along with the techniques that some photographers use. I will include images in my assignment and on the blog post which will show my research and inspiration for this genre of photography.

The Outline
I will begin my assignment by using the 'Discovery' facility on the student intranet to source books and journals for reference material. Next step is to highlight the material I find of value and interest on the printed or copied journals/internet tutorials. If there are no books available in the library, I will perform an internet search and check on Amazon and Ebay for them. Books need to be ordered early on to enable them to arrive in time for me to use them. Next an internet search will be performed to support my assignment and relevant information will be downloaded and printed. Once all my source material is collated, I will begin my 1000 word assignment. 
Introduction:
I will begin by explaining my interest in abstract photography and how it is defined and described (with quotes)
Middle:
Explore three different techniques, effects and practitioners with supporting images (with quotes). Techniques will be multiple exposures, intentional camera movement and macro.
Conclusion:
Evaluate the different techniques and how I will relate them to my own work.

I will also be compiling a resource sheet to detail the source information I am using and how I found this information.

Initial Sources: (more will be used)
(website)
Chris Friel Photography

(website)
Ursula Abresch Photography

(Journal article)
http://www.onlandscape.co.uk/2013/09/multiple-exposure-photography/

(Journal article)
Featured Photographer - Chris Friel

(Journal article) (Discovery search)
Aaron Siskind; Robert Mann Gallery / Andrea Rosen Gallery / Whitney museum of american art / studio museum in Harlem

(Journal article) (Discovery search)
The art of abstract photography 

(Book)
Digital Abstract and Macro Photography
Milburn, Ken
Pages: 305
Publisher: Course Technology / Cengage Learning
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Date Published: 03/2005
Language: en

(Book)
The Edge of Vision: The Rise of Abstraction in Photography
Rexer, Lyle
Pages: 29
Publisher: Aperture (2 Sep 2013) 
Language: English

No comments:

Post a Comment